James N. Price is a registered representative with more than 52 years of experience in financial services.
His career highlights include:
- Thirty-five years of consulting with U.S. corporations on both qualified and non-qualified retirement planning and benefits funding questions, estate planning problems, and alternative loss funding strategies for property and casualty related risk
- Merging his insurance and consulting businesses with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the major brokers of property and casualty insurance in North America in 1979
- Thirteen years of specializing in the formation, organization, and management of captive insurance companies – with two of the group captives he helped form currently providing efficient, below-market-rate coverage for the property and casualty insurance needs of more than 100 U.S. corporations
- Since 2003, expanding his practice to include the use of variable life insurance as a structuring tool for owners of group captive insurance companies, as well as the clients of private trust companies
Jim is an Associate Member of the American Society of Pension Actuaries and a five-time qualifying member of the International Forum. He has been a frequent speaker at industry meetings, as well as presented alternative risk financing workshops and planning sessions throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe.
He earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Indiana University.
Financial Services Experience:
- The Leaders Group, Inc., 2018-present
- Investors Preferred, 2013-present
- COTA, LLC, 1998-present
- Captive Resources, Inc., 1992-2005
- Crabtree Capital, 1988-1992
- Lloyd’s of London, 1980-1995
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., 1979-1984
- Price, McDermott & Associates, Inc. (merged with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in 1979), 1972-1979
- American Actuaries, 1969-1972
- Dean Witter & Co. (merged with Morgan Stanley in 1997), 1969-1969
- Master’s in graphic communications, Indiana University, 1967
- Bachelor’s in finance/accounting, Indiana University, 1966